Saturday, August 15, 2009

Three Week Update

Asleep eating noodles
Cool Man riding my Hot Wheels

Look at me go


It is hard to believe that we came home three weeks ago. Things are progressing well. LM has his moments but they are overshadowed by the hugs and kisses! He is all boy! PT was active but never this active. He is constantly on the go! Only a few accidents but one major one which ended up as a nice knot and cut in his head. His gross motor skills are slowly catching up. Thus until they do, I expect more falls, bumps and bruises. We have finally figured out the sleep pattern and naps. He wanted DH for nap today! That is a first. When DH is at work he is happy to have Mom but on the weekends he follow DH everywhere. Sleep time is also DH time. It will be interesting when DH start to travel again. DH is going to miss PT first days as a first grader. He has to fly back to the east coast. I see exhaustion on my part until he gets home. Jet lag took until two week before it got better for me. I also think I was drinking too much caffeine before bedtime. We started swim lessons this week for LM. He seems ok with the water but gets exhausted quickly. It sort of helps with sleep time since we have lesson early evening 5:50 to 6:20. We eat then bath and go to bed. Things have slowed down on the eating aspect also. I think he has maxed out. He is eating more normal for a three year old. The ped. said everything looks good. He is 70% in weight and 20% in height on the American charts. Can you say linebacker. They are predicting he will be about 5' 7" to 5' 9". He might actually be taller than DH or at least the same size! ENT appointment went ok. He thinks there might be fluid in the ears but will wait and see until this fall. We have hearing test schedule for Nov and this will tell how his hearing is and if we need tubes. Ped. thought that only one ear had any fluid and even that ear was not that bad. So we can only hope, wait and see what will be next. I made an appointment with Plastic Surgeon but still not sure if I will go back to CHLA with him. PS is now out of network and I do not know if I will keep both with him. I will need to make a decision soon since the appointment is in early September. I at least need to call CHLA and see when I can get him in for a Team meeting. If I can get in sooner I probably with go with CHLA.
Will post more pictures later!

No comments: