Friday, May 13, 2011

Recovery Day 1

The first day of recovery went real well. LM is starting to be more himself again. He only asked a couple of times when will be take out the nose stents.

I keep the pain meds on schedule and that seems to help. LM is a little clingy as to be expected. He took a two hour nap and woke up happy. We watched a lot of movies and tried to keep him from hurting himself. It is hard to keep an active boy calm. I forgot how much energy a 5 year has.

I think we have started a new nighttime routine, He grab his blanket and went to the rocking chair and asked to be rocked to sleep. Usually he can’t get comfortable in my lap but the last two nights he falls instantly to sleep. I think it helped to let him sleep without the no-nos. He slept 8 hours with waking only once for bathroom and pain meds.

No comments: